FIRST, CHECK THIS OUT!

what's in my ipod

what music in my ipod does not automatically translates as what music I currently listen to, some are, but the other half are music I intend to listen, if I have the patient to wait for the particular bits that will intrigue my interests, however some are in constant play on any bike-ride, or heating Cornelius.

from most often being listened order, here are they

mew - and the glass handed kites

I once witnessed their live in a collective concert, and pretty much blown away. I instinctively realize that all the material brought in the concert came from this particular album, one I always have but failed to listen due to its nature of coming into my hand with another album by the now deformed Sikth.

the whole pieces blend together seamlessly and enjoyable from get go. Mew's androgyny vocalist (you can google for his name) did his part perfectly without trying to be someone else, no growl what so ever is present for a well arranged progressive-pop album.

despite being quite a fan of this album, I find it hard to listen to other of their stuff, and have often short in patience to wait for a hook.

the other fact why I like this album so much is anybody can sing to it if they can catch the breaks on each song, though blended with other songs, making it an enjoyable singing-to-a-tune experience.

opeth - ghost reveries

a considerably old release by opeth, an all time favorite prog-deathmetal band, or at least in this album, from sweden. the grand conjuration was the initial reason why I love this album, as it grew on me on successive listen. but I can swear to you that Mikael Ã…kerfeldt made the scariest growl I have ever listened to, and I have listened to a lot.

it is in this release that opeth, in my opinion, managed to sound exactly like it should, which is an understatement. I used to have the latest album in my ipod, but was deleted as I hardly listen to it.

a post in sputnikmusic illustrated it like, knowing your beloved girlfriend had changed into a hot sexy office woman who never wear nothing but miniskirts, hot, but not the reason why you're in love with her back in the days.

I guess each release by opeth cater to different types of listeners, and this one cater to my type of listener. this album by far have the most played songs in the ipod.

jaga jazzist - what we must

what we must represents the zen of music, the pinnacle of heartfelt symphony and the sky-is-the-limit types of arrangements. with ten active members all in all, the results are impressively out of this earth.

as the album that got me listen to the norwegian prog-jazz in the first place, I found myself unable to find anything on par with the mastery of this album, arrangement wise or ear-friendly wise, at least to my ears.

as far as european styles go, some of the best songs in the album follow the similar pattern of building up to a climax, ending them with a blast or a happy ending, a stellar performance carried flawlessly to no end.

the album managed to get me to some of the hippest norwegian musicians around, including Mattias Eick and band leader Lars Horntveth. for lack of a better statement, no ipod is complete without what we must in it, and what you must is make the time to listen to the album.

0 kritikan: